There are many facts associated with weight loss. No matter how much you'd like to believe there is a magic pill or formula for dropping those unwanted pounds, you cannot get around the weight loss facts of life. Some weight loss facts you should always keep in mind are:
1. Weight loss takes time - it is not going to happen overnight, so don't expect it to.
2. Weight loss requires a change in eating habits - many people have a higher intake of calories than they burn each day. You have to switch that to higher calories burned than intake for weight loss to occur.
3. Weight loss does not require that you eat less - you just have to learn to eat differently.
4. Weight loss's enemy is hunger - when you are hungry, you are tempted by unhealthy foods. This can lead to overeating and failure to meet your weight loss goals.
So, how do you take those weight loss facts and turn them into weight loss success? Here are some tips to making weight loss a little easier:
1. Have an incentive for weight loss - "When I lose 30 lbs, we'll take a trip to Las Vegas!" or "When I lose 10 lbs, I will buy that sexy black dress!" are good incentives to lose weight. Find an incentive that motivates you.
2. Go in steps - take baby steps at the beginning and have incentives for as little as a pound lost. Shoot for one target, then for another, then another. Don't start out saying "I need to lose 50 pounds", but say "I want to lose 5 pounds to start".
3. Don't rush weight loss - if you do, you will inevitably fail.
4. Have weight loss support - family, friends or co-workers can get you into the weight loss mood.
5. Have a lot of low fat snacks available - remember the above weight loss facts? Number four states that hunger is the enemy. So, don't allow yourself to get hungry by eating the low fat snacks you have prepared. To manage this, you will have to be organized when you are shopping and at home.
6. Make sure to give yourself a little slack - there will be bad days, so expect them. Don't be too hard on yourself and just get back on the weight loss wagon as soon as you can.
By knowing the weight loss facts and following the weight loss tips, you too can reach your weight loss goals!